Although FLI4L is primary intended to be used as a router it be can easily extended with optional packages (the “OPTs”). But you should always consider that FLI4L is not a replacement for a regular server.
Please note: Since may 2014 I don’t use FLI4L any longer.
Currently, FLI4L 3.6.1 is used as a HD setup on a CF card with the following packages:
- HTTP server for status display, fax, VBox etc.
- SSH server for administrative tasks
- OpenVPN (see also Mini-HOWTO for OpenVPN with FLI4L)
- OPT_CPMVRMLOG (save and remove log files regularly)
- OPT_FAXRCV (fax reception)
- OPT_MTGCAPRI (making the ISDN card in the router useable by the network clients)
- OPT_RRDTOOL (graphical analysis of miscellaneous measured values)
- OPT_VBOX (answering machine for ISDN)
- OPT_PFTPD (FTP server for file exchange and to provide the RRD tool statistics)