Some time ago, a severe security problem was discovered in Bluetooth devices, which had been given the name “Blueborne” by their discoverers. Operating systems like Linux and Windows already got security updates. Android is theoretically also fixed already – however, only by Google and the devices sold under their name. For devices from other manufacturers the situation is worse if the device has been on the market for more than 2 years.
Recently I experienced this again: after opening Firefox on my Android smartphone there was a notice about a new contribution in the “IRL podcast”.
Even though this is not a commercial ad but an offcial podcast by Mozilla (also see https://irlpodcast.org) it is still irritating when such notices appear.
Periodical now also supports Japanese (thanks to Naofumi Fukue for the translation).
For a while I’ve been using Firefox as browser in Android – also because you can use AddOns like uBlock Origin there.
Today Periodical 0.30 was published. Changes included:
- You can change the length of the luteal phase if it does not match the standard value of 14 days.
- In Android 6 or later the required permission for data backup is requested if needed.
- The wrong sort order in the list view with the calendar entries was fixed.
Today Periodical 0.24 was released. When you have look at the issue list in Github, you notice that there is some activity on this project and some new features will hopefully be implemented soon (e.g. adding notes, integration in regular calendars, reminder for birth control pill etc.).
For a while now I noticed that MicroUSB plugs started to become very loose in my Android smartphone – even the slightest movement of the phone caused the plugs to slip out of the socket very easy.
From version 0.23 Periodical is now also available in Russian. Many thanks to Wjatscheslaw Stoljarski.
Periodical was extended with additional descriptions in the GUI elements so the app is now also usable for people who need a screen reader like TalkBack.
There is another update of Periodical:
- Added Spanish translation (thanks to Laura Arjona Reina).
- Extended the color scheme to display days before the first cycle and after the last calculated cycle.
- Code cleanup and optimization.
- Target platform changed to SDK version 20 (Android 4.4).