Wiki as CMS
This web site is managed with DokuWiki. DokuWiki, because it's much easier than with a “real” CMS and it's sufficient for my needs. Many of the typical functions of DokuWiki will only be visible, if one is logged in – otherwise it behaves (nearly) like a regular web site.
You can read more about WikiWikiWeb at the “original” WikiWikiWeb at http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WikiWikiWeb.
Some of the modifications:
- A customized template with navigation pane
- Support for multiple languages (see also I18N (Internationalization))
- Plugin to embed Flash videos (see Flash Video Player for DokuWiki).
- Special handling of start pages – it is possible to open namespace start pages without the start page in the pagename (e.g. [[en:fli4l]] will show the start page [[en:fli4l:start]], if it exists)
- The first heading of pages is also used in the “quicksearch” and in the sitemap
- A blog was added and a customized RSS feed to list blog entries